Ketamine Therapy Cost; Ketamine therapy costs vary with the disease’s condition and the dose of ketamine per treatment. Where is ketamine therapy NYC, and how much does ketamine therapy cost? We answer in our article.
Ketamine is an FDA-approved anesthetic used worldwide for over 50 years. Ketamine was first used as a general anesthetic and is still used in this capacity today. Ketamine has been used in unconventional ways over the last decade, most notably as an effective, fast-acting medication against depression and other mood disorders.
Ketamine has calming and extremely therapeutic effects on the regions of your brain that control mood and behavior when administered through a slow, constant intravenous IV drip.
Ketamine Assisted Therapy for Depression
Ketamine assisted therapy doesn’t “fix” depression in a single session, but it’s also not like antidepressants that must be taken daily for years (or for as long as they work). Instead, ketamine infusions generate positive brain alterations that lead to prolonged symptom alleviation.
The acute phase of ketamine infusion therapy involves six infusions over two to three weeks. This initial treatment is followed by long-term maintenance with booster infusions.
Ketamine Therapy NYC
In NYC clinics chosen by doctors, ketamine is administered and intravenously administered. However, some providers might also help it via nasal sprays or other delivery methods. Ketamine dosages for anxiety are typically administered every other day for a few weeks. There is always a ketamine clinic in NYC.
Dr. Glen Brooks, Chief Medical Director of NY Ketamine Infusions, is widely regarded as the nation’s foremost practitioner of Ketamine Infusion Therapy for severe depressive disorder and chronic pain.
Ketamine Therapy Cost
Depending on the provider, location, dose, duration, and illness, ketamine therapy cost $600 to $2000 each infusion. Costs vary on ketamine dose per treatment. Depression requires less ketamine than pain. Most ketamine facilities do six sessions over 2 to 3 weeks, costing $600 to $800 per treatment. Some clinics give four treatments in 1-2 weeks.
Most ketamine suppliers require upfront payment for 4 to 6 treatments. Depending on the price per infusion, IV ketamine therapy for depression can cost $2400 to $4800.
Ketamine Therapy Benefits
- Ketamine therapy is effective for patients without sustained relief from typical medical treatments.
- Two in three major depressives achieve permanent symptom remission with antidepressants and counseling.
- Ketamine infusion therapy helps those with TRD, severe anxiety, persistent PTSD, and chronic pain.
- As the critical neurotransmitter that promotes synaptic formation, glutamate helps strengthen and reestablish neuronal connections and pathways in depressed brain regions.
- Over half of TRD patients experience considerable symptom improvement with a single infusion and many more after two or three.
Ketamine Therapy Harms
- Ketamine can treat persistent depression, although no medication is perfect. Dissociative effects and addiction are ketamine’s downsides.
- Despite using sub-anesthetic doses to treat depression, ketamine infusion therapy can cause minor hallucinations, floating sensations, blurred vision, and dizziness.
- Even though ketamine’s moderate dissociative effects fade fast, the medication can leave you tired or dizzy until you sleep.
- Ketamine is not a cure-all for TRD; it may not be a good option for people with a history of substance abuse or an addiction disorder.
Related Article: Anxiety Treatment