My egocentric boss is obsessed with me; what should I do? Your egocentric boss may want to consume all of your time, even when you’re at home. Don’t let that happen. Try to strike a balance by scheduling meetings around your family’s schedule and keeping your work email inbox empty when your mates are around.
Egocentric employees are notoriously difficult to deal with, and their attention-seeking habits are likely to impact your job performance and morale. The best way to minimize the effects of a narcissist is to avoid them as much as possible.
Keep a log of contentious meetings and conversations with your egocentric coworkers and bosses. Not only will this documentation remind you of your good deeds, but it will also come in handy when it’s time to smack them upside their heads about their narcissistic ways.
Most importantly, remember that your egocentric superiors are more than just a boss and you need to flex your leadership muscles when necessary. Seeing your narcissistic boss’s eyes light up with recognition is a lot of fun, but this is not to be done at the expense of your own happiness and well-being.
My egocentric boss is obsessed with me; what can be done? Here are 5 suggestions:
Having an egocentric boss who is obsessed with you can be a challenging and uncomfortable situation. Some advice on how to handle the current predicament follows.
- Set boundaries: Make it clear to your boss that you are uncomfortable with their behavior and establish clear boundaries about what is and isn’t acceptable.
- Write down every detail: In case you need to report your boss’s behavior to HR, keep a record of all of your communications with them, including emails, messages, and phone calls.
- Talk to HR: If your boss’s behavior is crossing a line, it’s important to report it to HR. They can help you navigate the situation and take appropriate action.
- Seek support: Discuss the challenges you are facing with a reliable friend, member of your family, or a professional counselor. In times of difficulty, it is essential to have a network of people you can lean on for support.
- Think about looking for a new job: If the situation becomes too challenging for you to handle, it may be time to start looking for a new career where you may work in an environment that is both safer and more comfortable for you.
Using the above tips to navigate your narcissistic boss’s nutty tendencies will put you in a better position to succeed in your current role and in the future.
The best part about this approach is that you’ll enjoy the fruits of your labor in peace.
Related Article: TMS Therapy For OCD